What is the point of this life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-
Life is fine, why should I worry

If you are reading this article then you might be one of the fortunate ones who actually have a chance of their existence continuing after this life ends. The majority of people seem to feel that they are ok now and that they don't have to concern themselves yet with what happens at the end of this life, but what they do not realise is that the deception process that Satan uses works throughout the whole of their life and they will find that they will feel the same way even when they are older and a lot closer to death. The only way to avoid this false feeling, that everything is always ok, is to turn to God now so that he can make the changes that are necessary for you to have a chance of extending your life. Remember that the feeling of fear will only hit you when you know that your time is at hand, there does not seem to be a way to get this feeling while everything is ok in your life so it is some thing that you have to think about logically rather than emotionally.

Don't accept the bad ending

Most of the people in the world seem to be happy living their circular lives as if this how things are supposed to be, the main problem with this though is that the end result is always bad. There is nothing that the businessmen or scientists of this world can do to help you when your life is over, but they are happy to distract you, then to take your money, while claiming that they are here to help you to enjoy your life as much as possible, but if you actually think about what is happening, with the logical part of your brain, then you will see that it will all have been a waste of time in the end. The only chance that you will have of being alive after this life is over is to take the advice of Jesus in John 12:25 where he says "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." and to see that any enjoyment that you have of this false life will reduce your chances of keeping your life "unto life eternal". John also has some advice for anyone who thinks they still can have some fun in this life and then have some fun in the next one as well, in I John 2:15-17 he says "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.".

Work for the good ending

Now many people will think that if we are not allowed to enjoy this life how will we be able to combat boredom. Keeping God's commandments is obviously a serious business and they do not allow much room for entertainment, but do not worry because Jesus and the Apostles have a long list of things that they would like us to do and you should find that they will take up your whole life and not leave any room for boredom. The first one is from Jesus in Matthew 19:29 where he says "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." and you will see that this is a bit of a scary one but it is also the most effective way of making it into the kingdom. Jesus has some more things things that we can do in Matthew 25:34-40 where he says "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." and we see here that looking after our fellow man has the highest priority and with so many people that are in need in this world, where will there ever be time to be bored. God's commandments are also based on loving Him and looking after our neighbour, in Matthew 22:37-40 it says "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." and we see here that these two commandments have to be followed seriously in order for us to make it into God's kingdom. Another thing that the church has great need of is people who are prepared to spread God's word, in Acts 13:46-48 it says "Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." and we can that God wants salvation to be spread to the ends of this earth and this mission can easily use up the lifetime of many a person. Now you might say that the Gospel is already being spread to the ends of the earth, but, unfortunately, it is being spread by people who do not take God's commandments seriously so the word that they are spreading is corrupt and God is still in need of people who are prepared to go all the way with the truth and then to spread that truth to all the peoples of the world. One final scripture I will mention is II Corinthians 9:6-8 where it says "But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" and we see that the results that you get are based on the effort that you put in, so if put in the maximum of effort then your life following Jesus will never be boring.

Face the final challenge, to get the ultimate reward

If you do finally decide, to make there be a point to your life, by trying to make it into God's kingdom, you will then have to face the greatest challenge that has been created by man to stop you. If you read through the whole of the New Testament, in the Bible, and then chose a random church to go to you will find, without fail, that they are doing (or not doing) something that goes against God's word. You might think that this means that we are all doomed, but, fear not, because God will always have something prepared for those who want to take His word seriously, in II Peter 3:9 it says "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." and we see here that God will keep his promises to us regardless of how man has messed things up. The main thing you have to remember is that you do not have to go to church to make it into God's kingdom, once you have accepted Jesus as your saviour and you have cleaned up your life so that you can follow God's commandments without straying, you only then have to be baptised in Jesus' name, which can be done at the local swimming pool, and you will then have set yourself on the path to God's kingdom. Once you are on this road you have to make sure that the sins of your old life have been removed completely because in II Corinthians 5:17 it says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." and you will see that the change has to be both a physical and a mental one. The other thing you will have to be prepared for is the fact that this life will also become harder as is mentioned by Jesus in Matthew 7:13-14 where he says "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." but I would advise you to stay on that narrow path until its end because you will find that the rewards will be worth it and if you read I Corinthians 15:51-54 where it says "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." you will also see that we will have a nice new crisp body to live in and this will definitely make it worth going through all the troubles that we will have to face in this life in order to make it to God's kingdom.
-
Life is fine, why should I worry

If you are reading this article then you might be one of the fortunate ones who actually have a chance of their existence continuing after this life ends. The majority of people seem to feel that they are ok now and that they don't have to concern themselves yet with what happens at the end of this life, but what they do not realise is that the deception process that Satan uses works throughout the whole of their life and they will find that they will feel the same way even when they are older and a lot closer to death. The only way to avoid this false feeling, that everything is always ok, is to turn to God now so that he can make the changes that are necessary for you to have a chance of extending your life. Remember that the feeling of fear will only hit you when you know that your time is at hand, there does not seem to be a way to get this feeling while everything is ok in your life so it is some thing that you have to think about logically rather than emotionally.

Don't accept the bad ending

Most of the people in the world seem to be happy living their circular lives as if this how things are supposed to be, the main problem with this though is that the end result is always bad. There is nothing that the businessmen or scientists of this world can do to help you when your life is over, but they are happy to distract you, then to take your money, while claiming that they are here to help you to enjoy your life as much as possible, but if you actually think about what is happening, with the logical part of your brain, then you will see that it will all have been a waste of time in the end. The only chance that you will have of being alive after this life is over is to take the advice of Jesus in John 12:25 where he says "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." and to see that any enjoyment that you have of this false life will reduce your chances of keeping your life "unto life eternal". John also has some advice for anyone who thinks they still can have some fun in this life and then have some fun in the next one as well, in I John 2:15-17 he says "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.".

Work for the good ending

Now many people will think that if we are not allowed to enjoy this life how will we be able to combat boredom. Keeping God's commandments is obviously a serious business and they do not allow much room for entertainment, but do not worry because Jesus and the Apostles have a long list of things that they would like us to do and you should find that they will take up your whole life and not leave any room for boredom. The first one is from Jesus in Matthew 19:29 where he says "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." and you will see that this is a bit of a scary one but it is also the most effective way of making it into the kingdom. Jesus has some more things things that we can do in Matthew 25:34-40 where he says "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." and we see here that looking after our fellow man has the highest priority and with so many people that are in need in this world, where will there ever be time to be bored. God's commandments are also based on loving Him and looking after our neighbour, in Matthew 22:37-40 it says "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." and we see here that these two commandments have to be followed seriously in order for us to make it into God's kingdom. Another thing that the church has great need of is people who are prepared to spread God's word, in Acts 13:46-48 it says "Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." and we can that God wants salvation to be spread to the ends of this earth and this mission can easily use up the lifetime of many a person. Now you might say that the Gospel is already being spread to the ends of the earth, but, unfortunately, it is being spread by people who do not take God's commandments seriously so the word that they are spreading is corrupt and God is still in need of people who are prepared to go all the way with the truth and then to spread that truth to all the peoples of the world. One final scripture I will mention is II Corinthians 9:6-8 where it says "But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" and we see that the results that you get are based on the effort that you put in, so if put in the maximum of effort then your life following Jesus will never be boring.

Face the final challenge, to get the ultimate reward

If you do finally decide, to make there be a point to your life, by trying to make it into God's kingdom, you will then have to face the greatest challenge that has been created by man to stop you. If you read through the whole of the New Testament, in the Bible, and then chose a random church to go to you will find, without fail, that they are doing (or not doing) something that goes against God's word. You might think that this means that we are all doomed, but, fear not, because God will always have something prepared for those who want to take His word seriously, in II Peter 3:9 it says "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." and we see here that God will keep his promises to us regardless of how man has messed things up. The main thing you have to remember is that you do not have to go to church to make it into God's kingdom, once you have accepted Jesus as your saviour and you have cleaned up your life so that you can follow God's commandments without straying, you only then have to be baptised in Jesus' name, which can be done at the local swimming pool, and you will then have set yourself on the path to God's kingdom. Once you are on this road you have to make sure that the sins of your old life have been removed completely because in II Corinthians 5:17 it says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." and you will see that the change has to be both a physical and a mental one. The other thing you will have to be prepared for is the fact that this life will also become harder as is mentioned by Jesus in Matthew 7:13-14 where he says "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." but I would advise you to stay on that narrow path until its end because you will find that the rewards will be worth it and if you read I Corinthians 15:51-54 where it says "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." you will also see that we will have a nice new crisp body to live in and this will definitely make it worth going through all the troubles that we will have to face in this life in order to make it to God's kingdom.